Women have been using different forms of exfoliation since ever in the past without being even aware of it. However, they noticed that, after using some substances, their skin remained smoother, more gentle and younger.
The word “peeling” means scrub off what should not be on the skin. This is a method that removes dead skin and dirt from the skin, allowing a qualitative recovery of the skin.
Chemical peeling is a non-invasive, painless way to rejuvenate wrinkled and aging skin, to soften acne scars, to remove pigmentation, to soften the enlarged pores, and to smoothen the fine wrinkles. Chemical peeling utilizes the efects of various kinds of acids such as salicylic acid, L-mandelic, L-lactic acid, glycolic (known as AHA-alpha-hydroxy acid), which are tolerated by the skin very well. There is no need for anesthesia; clients may experience a fine splitting during treatment. The skin becomes better blooded, smoother and softer, it acts brighter, lifted and healthier to look at.
Depending on the depth of penetration, the length of application and the concentration of the substance used, we distinguish between following types of peelings:
- surface peeling- separation of surface layers or whole skin with depth of penetration max. to 0.06mm
- medium depth – depth of penetration max. up to 0.45mm to the top of the dermis – the middle layer of the skin
- deep – depth of penetration max. up to 0.6 mm to the middle part of the dermis
Problems solved by chemical piling.
- fine wrinkles
- stuned, tired skin
- excessive activity of sebaceous glands
- acne, tiny scars, oily skin and enlarged pores
- sun-damaged skin, even after using solarium, when skin collagen is damaged by UV rays
- pigment stains
When treatment is not appropriate.
- Contraindications can appear as skin allergies, need for retinoid use, and herpes.
Most common spots to be treated.
- The face
- back of the hand and it is also suitable for the back treatment.
How treatment works
A treatment suitable period is from October to April. It includes 4 steps and takes 15 to 30 minutes.
GLYCOPEEL FILORGA (glycolic acid – obtained from sugar cane), which removes the surface of the skin and provides a delicate treatment that allows a visible effect without any social limitation.
GLYCOPEEL is biocompatible in the treatment itself as well as in combination with other aesthetic procedures: Mesotherapy, fillings (hyaluronic acid), Botox, IPL or laser treatments. Combination of procedures allows increase of the treatment´s effects for visible and long-term results. The treatment consists of 6 to 8 treatments.
EASY TCA Classic (trichloroacetic acid), which allows a wide range of possible depths of action. It penetrates to the middle layer of the skin, providing an obvious bleaching and grinding effect to ensure smooth and shiny skin. The treatment consists of 3 to 4 treatments.
After thorough cleansing of the skin surface, the acid is applied. Reactions such as mild heat sensation or splitting indicate the effect of acid penetration into skin layers. The duration of application of the active substance is progressively extended depending on the individual tolerance of the client. Subsequently, the substance is neutralized and a soothing, moisturizing cream is applied. The treated area may be slightly reddened after performance. During the following days, skin top layers might slightly peel off. After treatment, it is important to protect the skin from sunlight.
Recommendations before and after treatment.
- for at least a week not to depilate the area to be treated
- at least 4 hours before treatment, do not shave
- for 1 week – avoid sudden temperature changes (sauna, frost)
- avoid physical exertion
- avoid sunlight and use sun protection SPF30 – SPF50+